Healthwatch Cornwall represents the collective public voice in relation to health and social care service experience.

It cannot assist with individual complaints but you can call its advice line on 0800 0381 281 to access signposting information to organisations that offer individual support. This advice line is open Monday-Friday, 10am-1pm, and operates an out-of-hours answerphone service. We aim to respond to answerphone messages by close of business the following day.

In the first instance, it is advisable to speak to the provider of the service you wish to complain about to try to resolve any issues or concerns informally.

Healthwatch England has worked with Citizens Advice to create a number of online tips and support. Visit this link for more details:

If  you wish to take your complaint further we’ve listed below a number of useful links.

You can also visit Healthwatch England for further information guides to support you with your complaint and you can find out more about making NHS-related complaints at too.

Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust has produced this leaflet too for download: Patient and Family Experience.

Cornwall Council

For advice on how to make a complaint in relation to adult or children’s social care visit the site or call 0300 1234 100.

Cornwall Partnership Foundation Trust PALS

For Cornwall Partnership Foundation Trust’s (CPFT) complaints procedure visit the site,
email or call 01208 834620.

Cornwall SPACE

Service providing support for disabled children and young people

Call 01726 817211

Derriford Hospital

For details on how to make a complaint to Derriford Hospital, visit the site, email or call 0845 155 8123

Devon and Cornwall Dental Helpline

Service providing support for disabled children and young people

Call 03330 063 300

Kernow Health Out-of-Hours

Email or phone 01872 221102 to make a complaint about this service.

NHS England

A national liaison service for patients and relatives experiencing issues with NHS primary care

Call 0300 311 22 33

NHS Kernow

Clinical Commissioning Group for
Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly

Call 01726 627800

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

If you are not satisfied with how complaints you have made to government departments and agencies in the UK and/or the NHS in England have been dealt with, you can seek further advice from the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. Call them on 0345 015 4033 or visit the site.

RCHT Patient and Family Experience Team

For the Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust’s sites (Treliske, St Michael’s and West Cornwall Hospitals), contact 01872 252793; SMS text: 07800 006479 (this service does not accept telephone calls) or email:


Free advocacy for health services (Not mental health or community)

Call 0300 343 5706


Spectrum provides residential care for adults and children, education and outreach support

Call 01326 371000

South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

For information on making a complaint to the South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust visit the site, email or call 01392 261585.